Wednesday 15 June 2016

Dixie State University Mural Restoration





Jeff from Suva Tile was asked by the State of Utah to restore this glass mosaic mural put up in 1975 on the college campus. Jeff sent Henry B. Rothberg an email re the project:

"It's 15 feet by 127 feet long and is made up of 325,000+ individual pieces. Since you helped me with a failed shower project years ago, I have used your products religiously. So of course I am using your glass adhesive to put the missing pieces back in on this project. Turns out, the school installed a plaque dedicating the mural and a brief description of it. Interesting back then the adhesive was referred to as Latacrete, a bonding cement. So 40+ years go by and I am using your products to restore it! I guess this project was just meant to be done by me. Enjoy the pictures & thanks."

For information on LATICRETE products, arrange a demo, trade event, technical support or to discuss your next project call 1800 331 012 or contact us here.

No comments:

Post a Comment